Another shit week in the news! Hooray! [wild sarcasm]. On the upside, we have real stories of exciting programs, artists, and collections that are already helping us fulfill our promise to bring you stories about #InclusiveCreativity in 2017. Use them to make your library better– it’s the last truly democratic space, and you can keep it that way.
- Check out Coffee House Press’ creative-in-residence program with The Givens Collection of African American Literature at the University of Minnesota.
- This week we shared a feature interview with visual artist Alisa Ochoa, whose ideas about visual culture were formed by record jackets and zines.
- WE LOVE The Free Instrument Lending Library (FRILL), a collaboration between Girls Rock! and Richmond Public Library.
Around the Web
- WE WILL NOT BE SHUSHED. We stand with Senator Elizabeth Warren all the way.
- Math + coral + crochet = A gorgeous gallery of crocheted sea creatures created by Australian sisters that explores the organisms’ unique structures
- A visual guide to fake news from Harvard Library to bolster your info literacy arsenal.
from Library as Incubator Project http://ift.tt/2kdfSgJ