Welp, the NEA and the NEH are on the chopping block in the current budget bill in Congress. Did we mention the utter idiocy of cutting necessary, creative economy-generating programs in order to salvage LITERALLY A FRACTION OF A PERCENT OF THE BUDGET? LIKE, .02%? That’s 46 cents per capita. And as far as I know, not a single action or campaign of the NEA or NEH has ever resulted in anyone’s death.
Once again, I’m pissed. Hope you are too– and I hope you use that ire to make something creative and inclusive happen at your library and then write about it for us. ~Erinn
- You all loved the Libraries are for Everyone images that hit the internets last week– so we got in touch with the brilliant woman who made them– Rebecca McCorkindale!
- And this story from one of our writers-in-the-field: a Kentucky library celebrating all the librarians on staff who are also artists with a unique exhibition in Pique Gallery.
Around the Web
- Hey #librarians! Got #genderneutral bathrooms? Yelp is working to help customers find them! You know, because existing in public is hard when you can’t find a place to pee.
- Meet the only library in the world that operates in two countries at once! The Canada/US border runs right through this shared library and cultural center.
- We took the day off for #ADayWithoutAWoman on #InternationalWomensDay this past Wednesday, but we’re back at it.
from Library as Incubator Project http://ift.tt/2mbnm5w