Hello Hello. This was a shit week, not gonna lie. Things we care about are under fire. We continue to do what we can with what we have– keep an eye out for new features that respond to our Inclusive Creativity call, and consider submitting your own.
- We are enthralled with the site-specific installations by Anne Wu, now on display at the Midmanhattan Library’s Corner Room.
- We love these intensely personal, international artist books from featured artist, Ioulia Akhmadeeva.
- We are impressed by The Story Center at Mid-Continent Public Library— they are pros at facilitating community writing!
Around the Web
- 100% AGREE: Carla Hayden Think Libraries are a Key to Freedom. She is gem.
- OH LOOK. The incoming administration wants to eliminate the Nat’l Endowment for the Arts, among other travesties. Fuck. That. Noise.
- Once you stop hyperventilating and calling your senator: Badass literary tattoos accompanied by the books that inspired them.
- #DoesItFart? Scientists are building an animal fart database …& 4th graders everywhere finally get answers.
from Library as Incubator Project http://ift.tt/2j0GmWU