Tuesday 23 June 2015

Meet the LAIP at ALA in San Francisco!

Screen shot 2015-06-23 at 8.25.23 AM

Erinn PaigeHey hey, Incubators!  I’m going to be representing the LAIP at ALA this year in San Francisco. If you’ll be attending the conference, I’d love to meet you and chat about the arts-incubating stuff happening at your library.

Honestly, I will probably look a little more crazed if you find me on the floor, fangirling over ARCs.  Fair warning.

Below is a rundown of where I’ll be and how you can find me.  Hope to see you there!

~Erinn

Tweet at me! 

I’ll be tweeting @ErinnBatykefer during the conference, and of course, @IArtLibraries is where you can always find us!

Sessions!

My schedule looks like Rainbow Bright threw up all over it at the moment– there are too many Book Buzzes and panels and things I want to do!  But here are are the places I will definitely be:

IMLS MAKERSPACE ADVISORY WORKSHOP

Friday, June 26, 2015 – 12:00pm to 4:00pm.  I’m pumped to see our friends Trent and Jesse of The Bubbler at Madison Public Library, and Rebekkah Willett of UW-Madison!  Hanging out with maker-minded library folks is always inspiring, and since Trent and Rebekah are both Movers and Shakers this year, it will hurt less to miss the Movers and Shakers Luncheon (which is running at the EXACT SAME TIME ::shakes fist::)

CONVERSATION STARTER: THE LIBRARY-MUSEUM CONNECTION

Saturday, June 27, 2015 – 9:15am to 10:00am. I’ll also be presenting a killer conversation starter with our friends Rebecca Hopman of the Rakow Research Library and Kara West of the San Diego Public Library! If you follow our conversations online, you already know that Libraries and Museums have so much in common– we’re both cultural institutions that promote lifetime learning, encourage civic engagement, and connect people to ideas. So why not learn from each other?  This session is sure to spark some great ideas.

PROGRAMMING LIBRARIAN INTEREST GROUP (PLIG) MEETING

Saturday, June 27, 2015 – 4:30pm to 5:30pm.  And of course, I will be here with Janie Hermann, Erin Shea and the rest of the PLIG crew!  Programming Librarians rule, and it’s an important professional goal of mine to advocate for the programming librarian job description and skill set.  After all, it’s where librarianship is headed!

Sunday, June 28 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. The ALISE joint re-union at ALA2014 in Vegas was SO MUCH FUN.  Can’t wait to do it again.



from Library as Incubator Project » Library as Incubator Project | Library as Incubator Project http://ift.tt/1CqylJy
via IFTTThttp://ift.tt/1Byx0Fj

No comments:

Post a Comment